Thursday, May 28, 2009

Who's Hungry? I'm Hungry. Lets talk about Food.

I don't think that I have ever
eaten so well on any vacation.
Or so adventurously for that matter.

If anyone reading this has known me
for more that 3 years you will know that
I used to be an awful eater.
Think no veggies, and many pizza rolls.
It really makes me cringe when I think about it.

Thankfully that is no longer, and I am proud to say
that on the trip I tried escargot















foie gras































a stuffed pigs foot



















and bone marrow.
















Of the 4 I'd say that I enjoyed the foie gras and bone marrow
the most. I ate 2 snails but the second was hard to
get down- it wasn't bad. the texture just got to be too much.
And the stuffed pigs trotter was good, but it just
had a whole lot going on. Many different parts were stuffed in there..


A note about the foie gras....the 2 dishes pictured are
foie gras stuffed ravioli in cream with truffle oil,
and then there is foie gras carpaccio with honey and toast.
These 2 dishes were absolutely outstanding.
Rich, delicious and totally different from our culinary norm.

No comments: