Monday, January 17, 2011

Exploring Astoria

The bf and I spent yesterday afternoon
exploring the other side of the tracks.
(Literally, for us, Astoria is just beyond the LIRR tracks)

We began with lunch at Bare Burger.
Beside being organic, sustainable, and supporting
local farms, BareBurger also offers some unique burger options:
Elk, Bison, Lamb, and Ostrich.

You can create your own burger, or order one of their
combinations. The bf ordered the Original BareBurger
and I got the Grilled Pineapple Burger-which had
a turkey patty, havarti, agave mustard, lettuce, tomato,
turkey bacon and fried onions. Let me say that it was one of
the more amazing burgers that I've had.
Each flavor blended together to create perfection.
The bf and I will definitely be back for more.

Our next stop was Loveday 31, a lovely little vintage shop
filled with sequined items and all kinds of wonderful things.
aka: my dream come true. (I now have a new dress-
just in time for Mexico! <3)






















We also had the pleasure of meeting the store mascot,
Foxy, a Shiba Inu that was very sweet but slightly wary.
We gave her some lovies.


















After that we made our way over to a bookstore that was having
a huge moving sale. Everything was 40-80% off.
We got this pile for $25!! There is something so magical
about rummaging through old bookstores.




















2 of the books are gifts, and the rest
are for us to enjoy. These two are my favorite finds:


















Both have amazing recipes that I cannot wait to try!
There really is nothing like hunting around a bookstore.

There was also a shelf of books that made my day.


















This is a whole row of Babysitter's Club books! These were
a staple of my youth, and I was very tempted to buy
the entire collection. I did buy one book as a birthday present
for a dear friend, I know that she will get a kick out of it.

We ended our exploration with a few wine shop purchases
at Astoria Wine and Spirits.
Definitely the best wine selection that I've seen in Queens.
I picked up a Botani Moscatel from Spain, and the bf
bought a bottle of Sparkling Shiraz from South Australia.

It was a lovely Sunday.

No comments: