Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bridal Tidal Wave: Part 2

I'd liken the planning process to a hurricane that keeps
getting downgraded to a tropical storm.  There is so much to do
but just when you think you might be overwhelmed, things
start to calm down.  We're about 7 months out
and we've got a lot going on right now.

This is the time where you need to get all of your vendors
lined up, and we're pretty close to having that completed.
We have a meeting with the florist next week, I scheduled a hair/
make up trial for the beginning of April, and I have my first dress
fitting next Wednesday.

Through all of the appointments, meetings, deposits, and fittings I've been trying
to constantly remind myself that even though this is a very special day, it is still only
one day.  Everything will fall into place, so there is no need to go crazy over it.

If you're wondering if this post has a general point, it doesn't.
It's my weird way of getting my thoughts in order.  It's hard to
write concise blogs about something that you're in the middle of.
So, I'm sorry if it seems like a jumble.
In the words of Hedley Lamarr "My mind is aglow with whirling,
transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention"
this is where you just say "Ditto".

No comments: