Wednesday, March 21, 2007

entry: 2778

weather: very sunny. somewhat warm.

Happy Spring Sailors!

We on the S.S. Chambs could not have been happier to welcome in the first day of spring.
Despite the snow on the ground....
Spring break has ended, my trip to rome is over
now all that is left is graduation
and the horrid task of finding a new home.
I look forward to this summer
with hopes it will be as good as-
if not better than the last!

In the world of squid I have discovered very good news.
National Geographic helped participate in a study to
monitor the eating habits of sperm whales.
and the habits of their food: squids.
forget about their eating habits-
they came to the conclusion that the california ocean area
is just stuffed with squid!
good to know.
i'll never go diving in california.
here we can see them putting a tracking device
on a poor unsuspecting squid.



the quest for knowledge bothers me sometimes...
we wouldnt want to be tagged and prodded.
lets not do it to our animal friends.

Enjoy the rest of the week and the new season sailors!

1 comment:

Paul Tsikitas said...

I thought I'd share a blog I stumbled upon you might enjoy reading. Lots of environmental studies and articles as well as awesome pictures of aquatic life on Fridays.

http://bouphonia.blogspot.com/