Friday, April 24, 2009

Pancake Connoisseur

I consider myself to be one.
I've eaten lots of them.
Tried many different recipes.















and I will say that they have vastly
improved since I gave up the Bisquik mix
and went to making them from scratch.

I always use butter, never use oil,
use the least amount of sugar possible,
and when I do use it it is always turbinado
or cane....none of that white stuff.

You'd be surprised at how different pancakes turn out
with tiny changes.















I'm rambling.
ANYWAY!
My point is that I am currently making
my latest favorite recipe.
So I figured that I'd share both of my favs
with you, my lovely readers. : ]

This is for Banana/PB Whole Wheat Pancakes
2/3 c. unbleached flour
1/3 c. whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 c. milk
2 tbsp. butter, melted (optional)
1 banana
a crapload of peanut butter

Mix together dry ingredients, add egg,
milk and butter. whisk til perfect batter consistency forms.

Add in either mashed or chopped bananas
(or any fruit of your choice)
and of course the PB is optional.

Toss small amount onto a heavily buttered skillet
and fry to your hearts content.


Seriously they are awesome.
Next is what I am making now.

Buttermilk Pancakes.

1 cup of Unbleached All Purpose flour
1 cup Whole Wheat flour
1/4 cup of turbinado or cane sugar
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 cups Buttermilk
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted. and additonal for frying.

In a large bowl sift together dry ingredients
Combine wet ingredients and slowly combine
with the dry.
Do not over mix!
Throw some butter into the skillet and
fry to your hearts content!

Easy as Pie.

No comments: