Monday, March 01, 2010

Vacation!

I know I'm way overdue for a blog post.
But in my own defense, February was a
crazy-mega-ultra busy month.

I worked a lot, french class picked back up,
I was doing the thing-a-day, making desserts,
etc.etc.etc.

With all that behind me, it is now time for
BERLIN! I feel like I just wrote the post about
buying my tickets. Funny how 5 months fly by.















Anyhow, I've spend a ton of time planning, marking
my map, and writing down addresses. But please don't
be fooled, I like to be prepared not follow itineraries.
I may make lists and lists but when I arrive at my destination
I will let go of any kind of structure and try to
become an instant local. I look forward to wandering
the city, going to markets and odd shops, occasionally
indulging in museums and galleries.















Here is a list of my top 5 things I plan on doing in Berlin:

*Spending some time at Olivin
They have a special ladies day, where the sauna is 8euros
for 2 1/2 hours and they also have 20 minute massages for 16euros.
(I know what you are thinking..and I am fully aware that I could do
this at home. But I want to relax on my vacation.)

*DDR Museum. An interactive museum about the GDR.


*A concert featuring the Orchestra Academy of the
Berliner Philharmoniker. We already have our tickets,
and I'm pretty stoked about this one.

*Eating a lot of traditional German food.

*Going to a discotheque.
is it too much to hope for a discotheque that plays disco?
One can dream.

I'll post all about this upon my return!
til then,
Tschüß!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

bon voyage!