Friday, May 07, 2010

Mother's Day Ideas.

I've been trying, for about 3 weeks,
to find Mother's Day gifts for my mom
and godmother. No store seems to have
anything that I can really get excited about
so I'm thinking that, once again, I'll
make them something.

(Last year it was a lemon/olive oil scrub-
which they both loved so much that they also
received it for Christmas!)

So here are some excellent DIY
Mother's Day Presents. I'm thinking
that I might try the teacup candles.

The ever popular Hand Scrub

Rhubarb Strawberry Chutney This can be used on toast, pancakes, yogurt. (I only used about a half teaspoon of ginger in this-I'm not a huge ginger fan and too much of it can be overpowering.)

Found Terrariums

Monkey Bread (and mimosas!)

Herbed Pickled Asparagus or Pickled Beets -I've made the beets before and they are fantastic and surprisingly easy.

Infused Sugars

Teacup Candles

1 comment:

CMoore said...

These are great ideas. I too have a hard time finding that special Gift for my mom. My kids are very creative and i found a great product that has over 700 different craft ideas that anyone, even children can do. This is great for any season. Check out my blog about it.
http://momsdayideas.blogspot.com