Wednesday, June 02, 2010

I'm Calling it Summer.

It's been in the 80's the last few days,
so I'm considering it summer.

The bf and I spent the day at the beach on Sunday
and it was glorious. We got our usual 5 guys burgers,
laid out, walked around, and I got my necessary ice cream cone.
(this time sans sprinkles after the mutli-colored disaster
that happened last time) It was a great day,
and a perfect way to kick off summer.

Today in food nerd news,
I went to the greenmarket today and came home
with these things.















*Chive plant
*Peonies
*summer squash and zucchini
*beets
*cucumber
*1/4 of a tuscan bread (that I am totally obsessed with)
*asparagus
* a head of romaine and a bunch of arugula
*tri-star strawberries (seriously the best strawberries ever)

Such a good day at the market, I'm now awaiting the
comeback of peaches and berries
Once I can get my hand on some peaches, I am going
to make a Peach & Creme Fraiche pie.

Oh! and this Sunday, June 6th I will be selling my cards
down at the Fulton Stall Market @ the South St Seaport!
Apparently they have pretty good food vendors lined up for this too,
so come out and say hello!

No comments: