Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Recipe of the Week

When I was younger I hated pumpkin pie,
I wanted to like it but it was always too dense
for me. Then I found this recipe a few
years ago and have never looked back.
This has a light and fluffy filling, almost
like a mousse and it comes out perfect every time.
*It's best made with real pumpkin puree and
homemade pie crust



















Pumpkin Pie

* 3 cups pumpkin puree
* 1 cup sugar
* 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
* 4 large eggs
* 1.5 cans (12oz each) of non fat evaporated milk or regular whole milk
(I've used both kinds and it will turn out fine either way.)


Mix the above ingredients together and pour into pie crust
for pie crust recipes and tips check out
Martha
Julia


Bake at 425F for the first 15 minutes
then down to 350F for 50-60 minutes
until a knife or testing skewer comes out clean.


No comments: