recipe to me. How do you make them all the same
size? Will the cake be fluffy or more like a cookie?
I just had no idea, but I made the decision to
put them into my holiday cookie rotation,
and they were a success.
So now I'll pass this on to you.
Because who doesn't love red velvet anything
with a cream cheese icing?
**I did buy a couple special tools for this recipe:
~a cookie scoop
~disposable pastry bags
~1/4" round pastry tip
They definitely came in handy- if anything
I say absolutely go for the cookie scoop as
it helps with uniformity of the cakes.
For the Cookie/Cake:
* 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
* 1 ounce milk chocolate
* 12 tablespoons butter, melted
* ½ cup sour cream
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
* ½ teaspoon vanilla
* 1 tablespoon red food coloring
* 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* ¼ cup cocoa powder
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* ¼ teaspoon baking soda
* ½ teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
*8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
*3 tablespoon butter, room temperature
*2 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
*1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt chocolate on a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda in a bowl. Whisk it to make sure it is well combined.
- Place butter, sour cream, eggs, vinegar, vanilla and food coloring in a bowl. Mix on medium low speed until well combined.
- With mixer on slowest speed, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients gradually. Mix just until combined.
- Add melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Use a scoop to fill parchment lined trays with cookies.
- Moisten fingertips with water and smooth out any rough edges on your cookies to ensure good circle shapes.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until sides are somewhat firm and top springs back when pressed.
- Allow cookies to cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Place all of the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Apply filling to one cookie with a knife or piping bag and tip. Sandwich with another cookie.
- Store in an airtight container.