Saturday, February 14, 2009

Be Mine..I guess..

I have mixed feelings about Valentine's Day.
On one hand I love that I get to send
cards out, and buy or make nice little treats
for the people that I love.

What I do not like, is how a large
percentage of women put way to much pressure
on their guys for this day. There are 365 days
in the year-they have ample time to let their lady
know that they love them. But most prefer to
get that confirmation on this day.
I don't need a holiday to get sweet gifts or
loving words from the bf, it happens
throughout the year.

Valentine's day should be kept simple.
Though I wouldn't mind it if this
gentleman showered me with silly gifts














For this occasion I'm going to post
my latest baking success
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES!
and yes, I am aware of the peanut
butter crisis that is happening.
So be sure to do your research before
purchasing peanut butter.


* 1 cup unsalted butter
* 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1. Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars.
Beat in eggs.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder,
baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter.
Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets.
Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern.
Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes
or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake.

The recipe called for flattening the cookies, I just scooped
the dough out with a tablespoon and left them in the dome shape.

These were a huge hit with everyone that tried them.
Happy Valentine's Day Bunnies!

No comments: