Saturday, September 25, 2010

Go Away

Seriously, Indian Summer,
I'm not really interested in having you around right now.
If the greenmarket looks like this:















Then it's time for you to go away.

I was having a conversation with a person at my bar
last night and when I said I was looking forward to cool
weather she said "Shut up! Don't even say that!"
I'm going to assume that she did not spend the
summer in NYC, because if she did I doubt that she
would still be clinging onto summer.

I should preface this by telling you that I love the heat.
I love summer, and sunshine and everything that comes with it.

This summer was beyond hot, it was humid/balmy/
hazy however you want to say it- it was brutal.
There were too many days spent in packed subway
cars with people sweating on you, and not enough
days spent at the beach.

It's time for a change.
Send in the crisp and cool weather!

No comments: