Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Recipe of the Week

This week will feature Beef Stroganoff.
A recipe that I have loved for as long
as I can remember, it is one of my favorite
things that my mom makes.

(As I type this, it's actually simmering
on my stove)


1 pack of beef cubes
2 c of beef stock (or enough to cover)
1 can of Cream of Mushroom (I prefer Amy's brand)
1/2 c sour cream
1 bag of egg noodles

Heat a little bit of butter in a large pot. Brown the beef cubes
a little bit and then pour in the stock. Let simmer for
45-50 minutes or until reduced.
Add can of soup, reduce.
*At this point you can start cooking the egg noodles
or at least boiling the water*

Whisk in sour cream
salt and pepper to taste.

Serve over top of a very large pile of egg noodles.

Very simple, and ridiculously delicious.

No comments: