Monday, November 17, 2008

Latest Obsession

I have found a bit of NOLA in nyc,
and I found it at Mara's Homemade.















This magical E Village eatery
is tucked between the indian restaurants
of curry row. But their food has a different kind
of spice to it, a deep southern creole spice.
And it is absolutely delicious.

Did I mention that they also serve my favorite beer?
It is all Abita, all the time.
They even had bottles of my favorite,
the strawberry harvest lager.
I tried the new pecan harvest, and it was delicious-
but nothing compares to the strawberry beer.

As for the food we had a feast!
We gorged on Crawfish Cheese toast, Gator Bites
(which actually did taste just like chicken)
Fried Green Tomatoes, Onion Rings, Mac and Cheese,
Louisiana Oysters and Hush Puppies.
I did not have any of the oysters but the bf
said that they were excellent.

For dessert it was pecan pie and beignets!
I left Mara's very stuffed, fairly drunk,
and very very happy.


That said I also have to ask everyone
to view a video that my friend Pete
posted on his blog. It is a very young
french girl telling a wonderful story.
Click here.

No comments: