Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Merry

After a week in South Jersey, I returned to the city
feeling refreshed. Needless to say, I spent yesterday
falling back in love with NY. Not that I ever really fell out
of love, but it becomes so familiar that you forget to really
appreciate how wonderful it really is.

I suppose that happens to everyone from time to time.

Anyhow, the week in NJ was wonderful and relaxing.
Joelie Bear is getting so big!
It's only a matter of time before he will really
start walking and talking!















Christmas Eve is always spent with my moms side
of the family, and this is the second year that it has been
held at our house. We go through bottles and bottles of
champagne and lots of food-so you know it's a good time.
















This is another culinary milestone.
I, JessChambers, made a buche de noel!
This was taken right after I rolled it up,
and I'm just happy that it didn't fall apart.
With some more practice at rolling and decorating
I believe that my yule logs will become more
visually pleasing.















Last but never least, is my little burrito.
He only was slightly mean on our visit,
and had very few accidents in the house.
I'm very proud of him.
















It was definitely a wonderful Christmas,
giftwise I hit the jackpot! I received that cake plate
I have wanted forever, Hocus Pocus on dvd,
new pots and pans, a Berlin guide, and "No Impact Man"
by Colin Beaven, among other things.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
Next up will be a look back at 2009

No comments: