Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Untitled.

Holy crap it's December!
Time to make my house cozy and bake
delicious things!

I started with Buttermilk Biscuits.
Once you try this recipe, no pre-made
kind will ever be good enough.

















3 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cups buttermilk
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup Butter (or shortening)

Sift the flour to make sure there are no lumps. Add in
the baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add the
butter slowly, working it into the dry ingredients
(I find that the best way to mix is with your hands)


Next add the buttermilk, working it into the mixture
too. After everything is thoroughly mixed, plop it
down on a floured counter top or cutting board.

Turn you oven to 450 to allow it to preheat. While
it's heating up knead your dough until it is about
the consistency of clay. You can make it a little dryer
if need be by sprinkling more flour on your
counter or cutting board. As you knead your dough
it will pick up more of the flour.

Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and cut out circles
with a cutter or by hand.
Place the biscuits on a baking sheet and cook for about
18 minutes or until lightly browned

I've been topping them with the leftover cranberry compote
from my recent Thumbprint Cookies. It really lasts too! It has kept
in the fridge for about 2 weeks now.


In non-kitchen news The Holiday Handmade Cavalcade draws very near!
Only 4 days away! eek! I'm almost ready- just need to
print up a few more cards and figure out a nice display.

I've given up on the penguin holiday card. After 3 tries it just
did not get any better. So RIP holiday penguins.

And hello holiday bunny!















He still needs some work, but this will be my 3rd
set of holiday cards. Simple drawings are my favorite.


I will end this post with a photo of Joelie,
miracle baby extraordinaire, and my nephew.
Cutest thing ever.

No comments: