Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbye 2011

I don't know how it got to be December 30th, I really don't.
This year has been, by far, the quickest year of my life.
An absolute whirlwind of trips, surprises, passings, arrivals,
 a proposal, planning-the list goes on.  All in all, it has been
a really great year. The only dark cloud was the loss of mon
petit ami, Serg.  He continues to be missed, and is still loved
as much as when he was here.

2012 is shaping up to be an exciting year, the wedding is only about
10 months away and we are jumping into the rest of our planning
in January.  As usual I have prepared a list of things that I want to
do/change/work on in the New Year.

*Get rid of the junk
(cleaning out our studio space and just purging the unnecessary)

*Learn to can
(Carmen's Mom bought me a canning book and I will learn this year)

 *Cut down on Facebook and wasting time online
(I need to be productive, and facebook is the most anti-productive creature ever)

*Tone up for the wedding
(I don't want to lose any pounds but I do want to feel healthy and un-puffed for when
I walk down the aisle)

*Always have homemade chicken stock in the fridge
(this is filed in my "why buy it when I can make it" pile)

*Eat more legumes
(health benefits)

*Have more patience and be more mellow
(will this really work? I don't know but, it's worth a shot)

*Get back into going to the greenmarket
(Now that our Sunnyside one is gone til June I'll have to get back to Union Sq.)

*Get back to dance class
(I miss ballet. I just wish that we could wear fancy costumes in class- that would be ideal)



I hope that everyone that reads this has a
very happy and safe new year!! xo

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I just read an article about the farmer's market in Jackson Heights that is open all year. We should go check it out one Sunday.