Thursday, July 24, 2008

A-holes....

I find out this morning
that there is talk of a
Rocky Horror remake...
This being one of my favorites
I absolutely flipped.

Hollywood is sad place where
no one can seem to come up with
original ideas anymore, so they try
to remake the classics.

Worst of all this remake is
by and for MTV. Also something that
just isn't what it used to be.

Now, if I had to cast this movie
I'd do it right.
I know MTV won't but here are my suggestions

Frank-n-Furter: Alan Cumming
No one. and I mean no one could fill Tim Curry's heels
but Alan Cumming could be an enjoyable transvestite.

Brad Majors: Matt Damon
Can pull off the nerd look, and has
a wonderful sense of humor.

Janet Weiss: Zooey Deschanel
Because she is awesome. end of story.

Rocky: David Beckham.
Think about it, awesome body
gold hotpants. And a dubbed singing voice.
Magic.

Magenta and Riff Raff: Meghan Mullally and Sean Hayes
Think of them as a goth-ish Karen and Jack.

Columbia: Feist
How cute would she be tap dancing
in sequined shorts.

Eddie: Rufus Wainwright
This part is so much better with a handsome
Eddie, not so biker, but with a killer voice.
Mainly I just picture him singing. I love his voice.

Can you get all of these people?
Probably not, but think of how sweet
this remake could be with good actors.

With MTV's remake we will have
Flavor Flav as Brad or something.
Ugh. or worse. Ashlee simpson as Janet..
gaahhhh.

Give it up mtv.

No comments: