Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sick Day

I've found myself a little under the weather
these past few days. Today was the much needed
day of rest.

I hate being sick, but I kinda love being able to
take a day and just relax. It's given me a chance to
draw up a shark and cut out some bits for collages.
Now I'm snuggled up on the couch, watching
Masterpiece Mystery (which I really need to get
on dvd) I'm normally a strict Miss Marple fan, but
this Poirot is quite good as well.

This downtime has also given me a chance
to catch up on my reading. Which right now is
My Life in France by Julia Child and let me say
that it is one of the best books that I have read.
(and I'm not even halfway through yet!)
For anyone that loves France, food, and/or
cooking this is definitely worth picking up.

Her enthusiasm for cooking is contagious
and has me thinking about puff pastry and
beef bourguignon. I might have to pull
a Julie and Julia and work my way through
one of her cookbooks. I'll put that one
on the back burner for now. Maybe that will
be my winter project...

In other news my Champagne Birthday
is just a week away! Lets hope I am 100% by then

No comments: