Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Dreams really do come true.

I don't know what draws me to manatees,
but I have loved them for ages.
My mom calls them "the pugs of the sea"
and I have to agree with that statement.
(but i don't think they snore)

This Christmas, the bf's parents
adopted a manatee for me.
His name is Margarito and he is about 23 years old.
He is a social manatee and his friends are Brutus, Lenny,
Howie, Flash, Floyd, Merlin, and Doc.
Unfortunately Margarito has been hit by boats
and has several scars. He is also missing his right flipper.
(I cry everytime I read his biography)
Margarito returns to the Blue Spring State Park every winter,
and I hope to visit him in the very near future.
I don't know if the park rangers would let me hug him
but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: