Monday, April 07, 2008

I know it's spring...

When I get the urge to start baking.
It's weird- I know this.

Most people get the urge to bake in the winter.
When the weather is crap, and the holidays are here.
"Not I" said the redhead.
When the trees start to bloom and the weather gets warm
I get out my mixing bowls and cake pans.

Today I made Banana Nut Bread.
(a longtime favorite- I like it with TONS of butter.)
I found a recipe online that was simple-
with none of that low fat nonsense.

Banana Nut Bread

*3 ripe bananas, mashed
*1 egg, well beaten
*1 stick of butter, melted, cooled
*1 cup of granulated sugar (i used sugar in the raw)
*1 tsp salt
*1 tsp baking soda
*1/2 cup chopped nuts

In large mixing bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, beaten egg, and melted butter.
Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
Stir until well blended.
Stir in nuts.

Pour batter into a 9x5" loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes.


So simple, I love it.
I have about 27 minutes to go
but it looks good so far
and smells deliciously buttery.
(can you tell that i love butter??)

I think I will make this a new thing- 
I'll post each new recipe I bake this spring!

3 comments:

julie king said...

thanks for the recipe. banana nut bread is one of my husband's faves!! the photo of Mees made me very sad. i think he is missing you as well.

Anonymous said...

It's really delicious! I'm not even big on banana bread but it was yum.

Jennifer said...

Wow this looks really good and easy! Thanks for sharing.